Home / All posts
Friday, 23 September 2016
That moment when your anger is at the boiling point, and you have no idea what to do? When the wind is against you and you feel helpless for not being able to do anything about it. How does it feel?
I, for one, am one person who doesn’t lose my cool that soon. But when I do, I literally feel like smashing the other person’s face! Thoughts like why do I even know this person, why do I share a relation with this person, why can’t I boycott this person forever, is there a way if he/she can die, first see your mistakes you moron and then pinpoint me, we’re humans after all, we’re bound to make mistakes, etc etc etc. And above all, I feel helpless. Simply helpless.
Well yes, that’s me! It’s a rare situation but this phenomenon does exist!
Here are some tips that you can try for yourself. And these tricks do work for me. So yes, they’re tried and tested. You can thank me later.
1. When things go against you, it sure gets on the nerves. All you need to do is take a deep breath and try to resume to whatever you’re doing. Focus on your work or simply ignore the person/situation, according to your suitability.
2. Keep quiet and for God’s sake, shut your mouth! At least try. Anger can really mess things around. Keep your words as minimal as possible.
3. Think about the times, all the times when people agreed with you on everything you said. This is just a phase, and it’s temporary and it is okay to not have people back you up sometimes.
4. To bam that person’s head/face, should be the last thought on your mind.
5. Try to leave the situation, immediately. It sure helps in pacifying the anger.
6. Later, think of the ‘whys’, if it was your fault, admit it or at least don’t repeat the same mistake, again.
7. Do NOT play the Victim Card, please! That’s the worst thing you can do.
8. Last, shed a tear or two. Yes, I do that. It’s not deliberate, but it just happens and boy, it calms me down like no other trick above! :P I am a woman, what do you expect?! Well, that’s me, again!
So tell me which one works for you? And if there is anything else that you do, please suggest me too.
I’ve run out of ideas now. Need your assistance now.
Monday, 19 September 2016
At this moment I’m occupied. With lots of stuff and yet I waste my time so much. I should read the lined up books for reviews, I should study for the exam I’m planning to give and I know this is my only chance to give the exam, God knows what’s planned for later. This being the only chance, yet, I’m not getting serious about it! When will I get serious I’m wondering? I want to work hard, but a simple thought of sitting beside A in the room distracts me. Why does this happen with me all the time? I should concentrate on my work, right, and yet I seem to put everything aside when he is around. I don’t feel like doing anything. Does this prove that I don’t love myself enough?
Why do I always take a step behind when the moment arrives of working hard, burning the midnight lamp, and build that laid back attitude of taking things for granted and then cribbing later of not being where I wanted to be, not having the things I wanted to have and not achieving the goals I wanted to for so long?!
Is there a defect in my system? Does this happen with you as well?
Sometimes I wonder, what really is success?
the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
Yes, to a lot extent. What if all you wanted was to be happy? And make less money, live in a small house, buy a small car, spending extravagantly is simply not your thing. Moreover, you probably don't want that much amount of money! I know it's rare, but what if?
Is it all monetary? Happiness is often put behind. Contentment is just another word. Success is often measured by the amount of money one makes.
Being busy, working all day, earning that respect, and being recognized for your work sounds all immaterial when it comes to measuring the amount of money one is making. Is the person able to pay all their bills? Is the person able to feed the family well, fulfilling all the demands? If not, one is deemed to be unsuccessful. It’s sad. It hurts and it sucks as well!
Take writing for example. Over these years, I’ve discovered my love for writing. I don’t really know if it’s my passion. But when it comes to paying, it barely pays me anything. Does this make my writing bad? Not at all. But because I’m not making enough money out of my writing, I won’t be called as a successful writer. No matter how much contentment I get doing it. Forget about others, I still have second thoughts of calling myself as a writer in the first place!
The moment writing will start paying me good money, I might be termed as, you know what we’re talking about, successful!
You’re not convinced, are you? Let’s take another example.
There is the man who loves to drive. He is so fond of driving that he becomes a driver one day. He makes frugal money but he is happy with it. He is happy with his life, with his employer, with his family. But is he a successful person in the eyes of the world? I bet not! The moment he will switch jobs and settle where he could tap millions, he might sure be. And then his example would circulate all over the newspapers, colony, relatives, etc!
Sounds ironical, right?
What do you think of that? Do you agree with my thoughts? Yes or no, share your views below!
P.S: It’s Monday! I don’t want to bug you more! This is enough for the day :P
Linking with #MondayMusings
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with
Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Friday, 9 September 2016
In my growing years,
I was fond of white so much,
White people, white complexion
Oh! Everything that had a ‘White’ touch!
In my teenage years,
My adulation for black took birth
Shoes, dresses, earrings and bracelets
Only ‘Black’ ruled and it was totally worth!
Then came my early twenties,
My fondness for bright colours grew manifold
Red, yellow, orange and pink
Life and wardrobe were full of colours, making me bold!
But what’s there in the colour,
I really wonder?
It’s only a matter of choice
And not something that can be a blunder!
Children with fairer skin,
Always drew more attention,
But I was too naive to understand
The colour of the skin mattered to such an extension!
I too wanted to be one of those,
And thus my fondness for white grew
Simply to have that kind of skin!
Later I realised it was only a faux
It should be a good heart that mattered
Happy that I learnt this lesson in time
Or else dreaming for that white would have me shattered!
People never fail
To come up with suggestions
Why you're wearing this with that?
Bombarding me with all sorts of questions!
Adding colours to life
Is what matters in the end
Having a fabulous life with happiness around
Nothing can ever beat that perfect blend!
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter.
Monday, 5 September 2016
I was such a naive girl
Happy in my shell, just like a pearl.
Not concerned about the world
And the people it had,
All I cared for were a bunch of friends
Who in the end made me sad!
There came teachers in my life
Just like they come in everyone else’s life
But the way they shaped my mind, and guided me through
I doubt anyone has found a teacher like you!
I was a loser lying on the ground
You picked me up and changed my life upside down.
I failed and experienced failure
But you said that’s the law of nature!
You were the reason behind my burning the midnight lamp
All I wanted was to become your champ!
Your motivation, your confidence,
Your faith and your support,
The punishment as well as the treats,
Oh, to express it all, the words fall short!
You were my mentor in every sense
It was all for you, my interest in the subjects became so intense!
You shaped my character
And made me a person worthy for the world
Taught me some great values of life
And prepared me for life that was going to get unfurled!
You were that light in the dark
Flickering brightly and brought my spark
You showed me the paths I’d never dare to choose
With you behind me, I could never make an excuse!
You pushed me beyond the limits I could ever imagine
Unleashed the new me and made me proud of my skin!
I can never thank you enough for what you have given me
Becoming worthy is the gift I want to give and see you in glee!
What you gave me, I want to take it forward
Making differences in lives will be my reward!
I am trying to take my rank to the next level with Blogchatter.
Friday, 2 September 2016
August was all about happiness, festivity, good times, family and friends! And that month too passed. And here we are in September! Can’t believe this year is going to be over soon! Anyway, that’s how August treated me:
- This month I travelled to my hometown and took the much-awaited solo trip. Actually, it wasn’t solo, it was dolo :P (coz it was my sister and me who took this trip together). Both of us wanted to do it and we finally did it this month. We went to Kasol and it was different. We met quite a variety of people in our journey and explored things that we hadn’t before. I am happy that we were back safely and the trip was filled with fun, laughter and adventures! I feel grateful for the wonderful family and even more understanding husband that I have! Not even once did he question or hitched about the idea of travelling solo. Touchwood!
- Then was the celebration time! Rakshabandhan! And the day was filled with meeting all the relatives and keep the joy of festivity alive. Isn’t it fun to meet all the family members after a long time? And the joy simply doubles when the gathering falls on festivals!
- I was home and happy to be back. No matter how much I wander here and there, but it always feels back to be home, in the same room, with the same man :P! It’s peaceful.
- My mother's recovery is on track and it was bliss to her doing her own chores, move out and do whatever she wanted to do.
- Two of my dear friends visited my city and it was... nostalgic to meet them! We've completed a decade together and we realised how kiddos we used to be and now we're all grown-ups! It's really a strange feeling!
Lots of things have been happening around and this month is going to bring in even more. I am happy that with every passing day, I trying to learn new things and understand a lot of stuff that works around me!
How did August treat you? And what are your plans for September? Anything special coming up? Share with me in the comments below.
Linking this post with Vidya's Gratitude Circle Blog hop for August 2016
This month I will be taking part in #MyFriendAlexa campaign to take my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter . My current Global rank is- 12,78,569(the less the better) and Rank in India is 71,752. My unique hashtag name is going to be #boisterouslyread. I hope to see a significant change by the end of the month :)