Here’s listing below my learning’s, my gratitude this year-
1. It was a year of so many Firsts! My first post being published on web, first win at Writer’s Ezine, my first post winning at Blogadda along with being published at Women’s Web and attending a conference for the same, celebrating first Teacher’s Day, asked to review a book for the first time, receiving a gift from Secret Santa for the first time, first Tangy Tuesday pick at Blogadda, receiving the first bloggeraward, celebrating Friendships Day first time with Myself, having the first WOW post, being published at Story Mirror. Gosh! It truly was a year of Firsts! Not to mention my story and poems have made to the anthology this year which shall be published soon! And as I write this post, I realize there is a glow of happiness on my face, which I completely devour.
2. I realized as and when you grow, it’s hard to maintain that same level of your friendship alive. It takes lot many efforts for things to remain the same. But friends are the wonderful family one can ever have. They will be there through your thick and thin and I am so glad to have them.
3. When I read my reflections post of January this year, I found out about being so paranoid about my writing, and the ritual to maintain it. Today, I only laugh at it, but somewhere deep down, I am still worried, and yet there exists so much of gratification inside me for completing it religiously.
4. One thing that I am really willing to carry forward next year is the fact it is you and only you who can help yourself more than anyone in the world. There will be people who will try to bring their hands forward, but you can blossom only if you’re willing to. And that power lies inside you. As they say, to get something you’ve never got before, you need to make efforts you’ve never made before! Makes sense?
5. I learnt that if you’re quiet about something, and don’t have the habit of exaggerating too much, you’re going to be taken lightly! Yes. You heard me right! Anything, that you do, you constantly need to remind others what you did, otherwise they forget easy. But then I feel, it’s not always about accentuating what you do; it is more about doing anything that comes straight from heart! I am really confused on this. Any suggestions from you?
6. This year helped me learn a lot about myself, my family, and the dynamics about how things works, and it is all for good.
7. Technology, it does connect with the ones far from you, but takes you far from the ones sitting near you. I realized everything on social media (or may be most of it) is a sham! Nothing is perfect in the world. No one is. Egging upon sharing every iota detail of your life only makes you look desperate. Come out of the virtual world, and embrace the real world around you. I am not saying that it is bad, but getting addicted to it is bad.
8. In life, there is nothing gray for me. It is either black or white. This year I hope to discover the gray area as well. For my own good. It’s important to understand the politics that goes around you and in order to avert yourself from it, you need to move to the gray area and understand it first.
9. Family comes first, no matter what. It was a year of revelation for me. There were a few things where I thought my family would barely understand me, but they were way more ahead in taking action for the problems that circled me.
10. I can never express the amount of love I have been showered upon this year. Boosting my inner self and having the confidence to take things a step ahead is what this year has taught me.
I’m sharing my #TalesOf2015 with BlogAdda.
How was your 2015? What is that one thing that you wish to take forward for 2016? Share with me and I’ll be more than happy!
Wishing you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.