Friday, 23 September 2016
That moment when your anger is at the boiling point, and you have no idea what to do? When the wind is against you and you feel helpless for not being able to do anything about it. How does it feel?
I, for one, am one person who doesn’t lose my cool that soon. But when I do, I literally feel like smashing the other person’s face! Thoughts like why do I even know this person, why do I share a relation with this person, why can’t I boycott this person forever, is there a way if he/she can die, first see your mistakes you moron and then pinpoint me, we’re humans after all, we’re bound to make mistakes, etc etc etc. And above all, I feel helpless. Simply helpless.
Well yes, that’s me! It’s a rare situation but this phenomenon does exist!
Here are some tips that you can try for yourself. And these tricks do work for me. So yes, they’re tried and tested. You can thank me later.
1. When things go against you, it sure gets on the nerves. All you need to do is take a deep breath and try to resume to whatever you’re doing. Focus on your work or simply ignore the person/situation, according to your suitability.
2. Keep quiet and for God’s sake, shut your mouth! At least try. Anger can really mess things around. Keep your words as minimal as possible.
3. Think about the times, all the times when people agreed with you on everything you said. This is just a phase, and it’s temporary and it is okay to not have people back you up sometimes.
4. To bam that person’s head/face, should be the last thought on your mind.
5. Try to leave the situation, immediately. It sure helps in pacifying the anger.
6. Later, think of the ‘whys’, if it was your fault, admit it or at least don’t repeat the same mistake, again.
7. Do NOT play the Victim Card, please! That’s the worst thing you can do.
8. Last, shed a tear or two. Yes, I do that. It’s not deliberate, but it just happens and boy, it calms me down like no other trick above! :P I am a woman, what do you expect?! Well, that’s me, again!
So tell me which one works for you? And if there is anything else that you do, please suggest me too.
I’ve run out of ideas now. Need your assistance now.