Isn’t it such a wonderful thing to do at the end of each month? Look back and reflect. Be thankful for the good things and be happy that bad times have passed. It also helps you to count your blessings at the same time. Doesn’t it?
Let’s go back and see how February treated me.
- Thankful for the Book: Finally seeing my work in print, is something that I can't express. I know, it's not that big a deal for many, but for me it is. I haven't been reading since my childhood. I developed the reading habit quite late (in my grads), because I realized it's a good thing to inculcate. And one should read, in order to write good. That's the reason why I suck at reading books. I really have to make an effort to pick up a book and read it to the full. I know it sounds weird, but that is just how it is. If the books turns out to be nice, it makes things easier for me. And writing! It was never on my mind.. Ever! I never thought I'd write and blog and get published and stuff. There are so many well established authors and writers who have published their work so many times, but when it's the first, it always has its magic. And now, it's something I love to discover every single day and want to do more of it. Exactly 2 years before, I was at my lowest. I lost my confidence, there was no zeal to do anything, the negativity topped everything, but I refused to give up. I think it sums up everything.
- For Good days- Staying together with each other makes a lot of things comfortable. Days like Valentines don't really matter. It's the togetherness that counts. And this time, it was all about a road trip, best friends's company, a few pictures, a lavish dinner, what else can one call for? There was a time when I literally cursed everything, and there came a night when I wanted to end my life, but the bright side was it opened my eyes for a lot of things. After that night, everything literally changed! Me, my perspective, my attitude, and that is the best gift I gave to myself. As they say, one has to go through the worst in order to bring out the best. Well, I guess, the best is yet to happen, but it still was the best till date.
- Meeting a Friend- O yes! That was the best part. My school friend, my best friend, had come here. In my city. Only for me! And it was wonderful. We had a great time together and we chatted non stop all day. It was bliss.
- Ignoring Books but finally watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S- Okay, stop judging me! I hadn't watched Friends until now. I don't know how it got missed. But as its said, better late than never. And that is what kills my time mostly, but I thoroughly enjoy watching it. Reading has totally taken a back seat, but I'll resume to it as early as possible.
- For the love of students and taking classes- One day I really had to scold a student, and my student also realized the mistake, but I was the one who felt more bad. I don't like to scold, but things were getting out of hands, and I had to speak up, for them and for the class. And after that day, it kind of built the bond even more strong. Going to teach them everyday is therapeutic.
- Attending a Golden Jubilee- One of my relatives completed their 50 years of togetherness! Can you believe that? I mean these days it's a rare thing to see. And the couple, they are very close to my heart. Their family had come together to celebrate their love with close people. And it was such a beautiful event. There were pictures of them 50 years back and they looked unbelievable. What a wonderful feeling it must be, to grow old together? To be with each other through thick and thin, to see other other every single day, without realizing how things change. I so dream of celebrating our 50 years together, A and I, what an incredible feeling it would be!
- Much desired photo shoot- I've always had a desire to get a photo shoot done. And it finally happened this month. No, it wasn't the professional kinds, but a decent one for sure. My cousin is really fond of photography, and was participating in a contest for the same and was looking for a model. Now how could I say No to her? Of course, I said yes.. Happily!
O there's More..
I watched Neerja, and you should too if you haven't. It is a brilliant movie that has come this February.
March will be full of colors, happiness, food and family. And I am so looking forward to it.
How was your February? Care to share?
Linking with Vidya's Gratitude Circle blogshop